Hey! Remember that LBP model I made in blender. Well, I got it printed out.
Even at the lowest printer settings it turned out better than I expected – just because I was cautioned that it may not print as the structure wasn’t optimal. So what did I do? I printed it starting from the character’s head. Upside-side-3d-printing. It worked.
During the last few weekends I’ve been clearing out old files and downloads that had accumulated over time. While it would’ve be great to keep most of everything, I needed the space. Even with a few terabytes of space, it’s easy to run out. During one of my clean up sessions, I found a model I was working on from a couple of years ago when I was doing a lot of Blender 3D work. It was a character test model based on Little Big Planet’s main character. This month I’m working with After Effects and will most likely be working with Blender again. It should be fun.
An Arduino demo is being held at a nearby location. I want to go and see what the presenters have and see if I can pick their brain a bit more! I already have a couple of books on Arduino and will get a chance to see what others are making.
It would be great if they had one for Raspberry Pi as well because I know Python can be used with Raspberry Pi. Now that would be cool.
I recently got a chance to try out a 3D printer and let’s just say that it was everything I expected it to be. It worked as advertised and my mind is now racing with all kinds of cool things I can prototype by merging web, apps, and real world objects.
During the workshop, I learned about the process of taking a 3D object and transferring it over to the 3D printer. It was surprisingly easy and I documented it for future reference. Later, when I got home, I loaded up a model that I created a couple of years ago. At the time, I was doing a lot of work with Blender.
One item of note was the various materials that can now be used with 3D printing. For the simple prototypes, organic plastics based on corn can be used and for more serious endeavours, apparently metals are available as well.
One of my fave things to do aside from creating user interfaces is planning and developing processes as an infographic. I think one of the best ways to learn or deeply understand a subject is to teach it. I’ve got a series of infographic examples that I’ve worked with and will be posting out once complete. Some of them are animated as well using HTML5.
I’ve been doing more video work lately and wanted to start posting some of it on my YouTube channel. This was one of my first posts from long ago. Ah yes, good times.
The models were created using Animation Master and the textures were either scanned or generated by me. The floor was part of the program as a default. Lighting the scene was easy as at the time, there was a program that I used that generated an amazing skybox.
Nowadays, I’ve been using blender. I’ll post up some blender tutorials when I can. I made them a couple of years ago and just recently decided to release them for reference.
During the holidays, I updated the Photon multiplayer game page. This proof of concept now includes a desktop download for Mac and Windows as some browsers will not allow download of the Unity plugin. It’s the first build and still in development, but I’ve got most of the issues sorted out.
Try it out and let me know what you guys think!
I’ve been a huge fan of Unity and have been using the Photon Multiplayer Realtime Server. Around 2011, I started doing Photon Server installs and it’s helped me a learn a lot about the details of multiplayer servers. My next project will be doing an integration with a JS based game framework. Not sure how that will go, but I’ve learned enough to be able to make anything work together.
This tutorial using PUN version of Photon. It makes it much easier to create a multiplayer game. Have a look at my sample that currently runs in a browser. At some point, I will create a desktop version.
I thought I had lost this book and just wrote it off to me being unaware. As it turns out, I had tucked it away in a bookshelf of older books and didn’t take note. I’m going to be reading this during the holiday and see what snippets and gems I can find. For now, I’m thinking of posting up some Python tutorials for my own reference.
Roll in the dough and rack up the cash! Remember that time is money and money buys you time. I produced this iOS game app a couple of years ago and will be redesigning it.
Tilt your phone left or right to make the pig move. Roll over everything to get points and power ups, but avoid all the credit cards. Especially the red one.
I produced the art and design based on a few sketches I had from several years ago. I would draw these little piggy pics and it seemed like a good starting point for a game.
I wanted to give a painterly effect to the game vs. the super crisp digital lines one would normally find in vector art. This project didn’t really have a deadline so I was able to enjoy the process of producing the art. Most if not all of the art I produce always start off as initial sketches.
Tell your friends. Invite them over to test out the game using the TestFlightApps.com service at http://bit.ly/qnGhx9.